- How many international students are at Canterbury?
- Who is considered a foreign or international student?
- Does Canterbury offer English as a Second Language courses?
- How does an international student schedule an interview?
- Is there a separate application for international students?
- What is the application fee for an international student?
- What testing does Canterbury require for an international applicant?
- Is financial aid available to international students?
- When does Canterbury communicate admissions decisions?
- By what date do we need to let Canterbury know if we are going to enroll?
- What is the application deadline for international students?
- If we decide to enroll at Canterbury, when are I-20's issued?
International students are asked to complete an online inquiry form prior to scheduling an interview.
Once the inquiry form has been completed, applicants are asked to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.210.3832 to set up a visit or Skype interview.
While we prefer to meet all applicants in person, we understand travel to campus may not be possible for all families, so in these cases, a Skype interview can be scheduled.
Please note that all applicants from Mainland China who are not currently attending a school in the U.S. are required to interview with Vericant.
No, every applicant must use either the Standard Application Online (SAO) or download Canterbury's application.
Due to the high volume of Chinese applicants, an additional step is required of interested students from Mainland China. Chinese applicants not currently living and attending school in the United States are required to contact Vericant, a trusted interview service with offices in thirteen different cities throughout China. Vericant will conduct interviews and short writing samples with our Chinese applicants and the videos will be reviewed as a component of the application.
Canterbury requires applicants whose primary language is not English to take the TOEFL test. Students who score around 100 on the internet-based test are prepared for success in the classroom and within Canterbury's community. Our TOEFL code is 7219.
In addition, students are required to take the SSAT. The median score for those accepted last year was the 60th percentile. Canterbury's SSAT code is 2050.