How To Apply
Please access our application, which is SSATB's Standard Application Online ("SAO"), through your Canterbury AdmissionPortal.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be creating a separate SAO account with SSATB where you will fill out your application. The information submitted to your SAO will be automatically sent to your Canterbury Admissions Portal. As the information is received, the items in the checklist will be updated. As we near the January 31st application deadline, it is important for you to check your Canterbury Admission Portal (not your SAO account) to assess the completeness of your application.
Please refer to the International Page of the website for information about test requirements, setting up interviews, etc.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have questions of any kind.
To ensure the completion of the application process, please follow the checklist below:
- Campus Visit (Tour and Interview): Campus visits must be scheduled by calling (860) 210-3832 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your visit will consist of a 15 to 30 minute conversation with an Admission Officer and a student guided tour of campus.
- Application: Applications completed by the January 31st deadline will be included in our first round of decisions, and students will be notified of our decision by March 10th. Applications submitted past the January 31st deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application must be submitted through the Standard Application Online ("SAO")
- Recommendations: Canterbury requires recommendations from a Math teacher, an English teacher, and a Guidance Counselor (or Principal). Recommendation forms can be accessed on the Standard Application Online (SAO).
- Transcripts: Applicants should have their previous year and current school year transcripts forwarded to the Admission Office. It is recommended to have your transcripts sent in January to reflect your most up-to-date grades.
- Testing: Test scores are required of all applicants. When registering for the SSAT test, please use Canterbury's school code (2050) to ensure the results will be sent directly to the Admission Office. International students will need to submit test scores from the TOEFL test, please use Canterbury's school code (7219) or the
Duolingo test. All other testing can be sent by mail or electronically. Testing guidelines by application grade are below:
- Students applying for 3rd Form: SSAT *required *
- Students applying for 4th Form: SSAT *required*
- Students applying for 5th Form: PSAT (can submit SSAT scores in addition)
- Students applying for PG year: SAT or ACT
- Students for whom English is not the first language: TOEFL (in addition to applicable testing)
- Financial Aid: If you plan on applying for Financial Aid, please visit the Tuition & Financial Aid section under the Admission tab of our website.