Welcome back to dormitory life—without room checks, lights out, and study hours! For those looking for a true throwback experience during Alumni Weekend, we are happy to offer on-campus accommodations. All classmates are grouped together in the same dorms.
The fee to stay on campus in the dorms is $25 per person for the weekend. Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and can be made during your Alumni Weekend registration.
While both nostalgic and convenient, please remember that dorms do not offer the same amenities as full-service hotels.
- Social activity in the dorms tends to continue late in the evening, so please take this into consideration as you are making your plans.
- Interior and exterior doors of dormitory buildings remain unlocked throughout the weekend. Please be prepared to secure your valuables accordingly.
- All rooms contain single/twin beds. Double occupancy rooms contain two single beds.
- For each bed reserved we provide a set of sheets, one blanket, one pillow, a towel and washcloth, and a bar of soap. Additional toiletries are not provided. You are welcome to bring any other needed accessories, such as lamps, night-lights, clothes hangers, fans, hand mirror, alarm clock, heavy blankets, and extra pillows and towels.
- Dormitories are not air-conditioned. We encourage our dormitory guests to bring fans.
- Dormitories feature bathrooms that are single-gender; alternating male and female baths per floor.
- Guest WiFi access will be available and password will be provided upon check-in. Should you need access to a computer, the Student Center will be open all weekend with computers available for your use.
- The William W. Higgins '53 Aquatics Center and the school's Athletic Center will be open throughout the weekend. Hours will be posted in the Alumni Weekend Schedule.
- Rooms are not equipped with phones; however campus phones are in each dorm building in case of emergency. Cell service is available throughout campus, but may be limited in some areas of the dormitories.
Off-Campus AccomodationsFor those who prefer to stay off campus for Alumni Weekend, the following is a list of area inns and hotels. We will arrange room blocks at special rates whenever possible; details will be listed here in March. If you have any additional questions about lodging please contact the Office of Advancement by email or phone at (800) 526-1710.
The Homestead Inn (.7 miles, 4 minutes)
5 Elm Street
New Milford, CT 06776
We have blocked all rooms at the Inn and Treadwell House to be made available to our alumni during Alumni Weekend. Alumni must call the Inn directly to make reservations and reference 'Canterbury Alumni Weekend'. Please visit the Inn's website for a room types and nightly fees. NOTE: First priority is given to our 50th Reunion Class and Old Guard (Classes of 1968 and prior). All other classes may make reservations beginning February 15, 2019. All reservations will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Newbury Inn (6.9 miles, 16 minutes)
1030 Federal Road
Brookfield, CT 06804
Hampton Inn Danbury (14.1 miles, 29 minutes)
81 Newtown Road
Danbury, CT 06810
La Quinta Inn and Suites Danbury (14.4 miles, 25 minutes)
116 Newtown Rd
Danbury, CT 06810
Ethan Allen Hotel (17.3 miles, 28 minutes)
21 Lake Avenue Extension
Danbury, CT 06811-9956
Holiday Inn Danbury- Bethel (14.1 miles, 25 minutes)
80 Newtown Road
Danbury, CT 06810
Best Western Plus Danbury/Bethel (14.4 miles, 25 minutes)
11 Stony Hill Road
Bethel, CT 06801-1055
Tel: 203-744- 3200