Canterbury Lacrosse Association
Welcome to the Canterbury Lacrosse Association. The Canterbury Lacrosse Association (CLA) is an affinity group that supports the Canterbury Lacrosse program.
The CLA envisions a vibrant Saints lacrosse community with thriving student athletes on and off the field. The CLA goals are to support the development of premier student-athletes and coaches, to elevate teams to top-level competitive programs in New England, and to facilitate engagement among alumni, parents, and friends who share common interests and affinity for Canterbury lacrosse.
The Canterbury Lacrosse Association will:
- Have a strong student focus and work toward increasing interaction with students, alumni, parents, and friends of the School
- Provide a conduit for Canterbury to attract student-athletes of the highest caliber
- Host special events and provide significant financial support to enhance the lacrosse program and students’ experiences while at Canterbury
- Encourage attendance at student athletic contests and events on and off campus
- Connect constituents to the School and to each other in support of Canterbury’s athletic agenda and overall mission
As a member of the CLA, you are encouraged to financially support the current and long-term goals of the Canterbury lacrosse program, giving our teams the opportunity to compete at the highest levels.
CLA funds will provide:
- Travel funding for spring break training trips
- New equipment purchases for Boys’ and Girls’ teams
- Skills clinics for athletes and coaches
- Tuition assistance for student-athletes with demonstrated financial need
Keith G. Angell '75, President
Matthew P. Dwyer Jr. '71
Katherine V. (Egan) Hayes '01, Vice President
John D. Gilbane '74
Dorothy L. Alpert '78
Kathryn M. (Fountaine) Heslin '96
William C. Bergner '09
George E. Malhame '74
Richard E. Carter '95
Brian T. Whalen '91
Terence Doran '94
Jason Fogelson '97
Refer an Athlete
Help the CLA expand Canterbury’s winning lacrosse program by referring talented student-athletes. Consider your family, neighbors, friends, children of co-workers, and others.
The role of the CLA doesn’t stop at the referral. Help actively recruit future Saints, recommend that a prospective family visit campus and attend a lacrosse game, and encourage applications to Canterbury.
Recommend a student by submitting the form below, and you'll ensure that the prospective family will receive personal contact and admission information.