Canterbury Lacrosse Association
Welcome to the Canterbury Lacrosse Association. The Canterbury Lacrosse Association (CLA) is an affinity group that supports the Canterbury Lacrosse program.
The CLA envisions a vibrant Saints lacrosse community with thriving student athletes on and off the field. The CLA goals are to support the development of premier student-athletes and coaches, to elevate teams to top-level competitive programs in New England, and to facilitate engagement among alumni, parents, and friends who share common interests and affinity for Canterbury lacrosse.
The Canterbury Lacrosse Association will:
- Have a strong student focus and work toward increasing interaction with students, alumni, parents, and friends of the School
- Provide a conduit for Canterbury to attract student-athletes of the highest caliber
- Host special events and provide significant financial support to enhance the lacrosse program and students’ experiences while at Canterbury
- Encourage attendance at student athletic contests and events on and off campus
- Connect constituents to the School and to each other in support of Canterbury’s athletic agenda and overall mission
As a member of the CLA, you are encouraged to financially support the current and long-term goals of the Canterbury lacrosse program, giving our teams the opportunity to compete at the highest levels.
CLA funds will provide:
- Travel funding for spring break training trips
- New equipment purchases for Boys’ and Girls’ teams
- Skills clinics for athletes and coaches
- Tuition assistance for student-athletes with demonstrated financial need
|Keith G. Angell '75, President|
|Matthew P. Dwyer Jr. '71|
|Katherine V. (Egan) Hayes '01, Vice President|
|John D. Gilbane '74|
|Dorothy L. Alpert '78|
|Kathryn M. (Fountaine) Heslin '96|
New Milford, CT
|William C. Bergner '09|
|George E. Malhame '74|
Port Washington, NY
|Richard E. Carter '95|
Delray Beach, FL
|Brian T. Whalen '91|
Refer an Athlete
Help the CLA expand Canterbury’s winning lacrosse program by referring talented student-athletes. Consider your family, neighbors, friends, children of co-workers, and others.
The role of the CLA doesn’t stop at the referral. Help actively recruit future Saints, recommend that a prospective family visit campus and attend a lacrosse game, and encourage applications to Canterbury.
Recommend a student by submitting the form below, and you'll ensure that the prospective family will receive personal contact and admission information.